Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mickael Lacorre- French Artist


--all artwork provided by Mickael Lacorre--
This week's interview comes from a creative artist based in Paris!  Mickael Lacorre puts his inspirations from the diverse and cultural city into graffitti-style paintings bursting with bright color and illuminating objects.  I talked with Mika last Friday about his work, as well as his upcoming trip to New York!


(left: photography of Katie in one of Mickael's paintings)


Mickael was born and raised in Paris.  Although art has always been a part of Mika's life, he remembers taking his career more seriously at age 15, after a teacher noticed his talent from an art assignment.  "She saw something that stood out, thought I had potential."  Mika continued putting his inspirations from museums and from different cultures and people around him into his self-expression of life onto paper.  Although his schooling was for Communications, his art career took off as people became more and more aware of his passion for art.

 His art connects with all ages, as so many different age groups are portrayed in his paintings.  "It has to mean something to me or have some sort of message that is left to interpretation.  The bright colors especially appeal to the younger crowd."

Now with plans for a trip to New York soon, for more inspirations and collaborations with artists such as our very own Katie, Mika is more excited than ever to expand his portfolio.  "I have many things to tell!" he said about his upcoming work.  His main reason for choosing New York for his next city?  "I went once and I liked it..the people..the different cultures...much like Paris but also different."  Mika finds these stories and inspirations in people and cultures from every day people on the street and from his own life experiences.  "I like to tell my own story through the paintings.  You have to enjoy what you do!"  He also uses inspirations from his photography.

We hope to see your New York work soon Mika, as well as your collaborations with Katie!

(above: Mickael with family)


---Maryann Stewart


No comments:

Post a Comment